On 2006-12-01 16:37-0000 Andrew Ross wrote:

> I've started implementing this [broadening the examples].
> It has shown problems in example 20 on
> the java platform. I've also started on the octave version, which again
> seems to throw up some problems.

I have run the install tree tests right now, and the errors in your
broadened examples are now reduced to just the octave ones:

Failed tests: x20c.m, x24c.m, x25c.m, x26c.m

Interestingly, ctest succeeded for octave so these octave errors are
triggered by the install tree but not the build tree or else some error flag
is not being communicated to ctest by these failures.

In other news, I have found that cmake-2.4.5-RC-4 builds PLplot correctly
(including the build-tree examples and the full documentation) on both my
Debian stable and Ubuntu dapper platforms with the disambiguate workaround
in examples/c++/CMakeLists.txt removed.  Previous RC's failed as did 2.4.4
(unless I did the disambiguate workaround) so this RC-4 is a big step
forward, and gives cmake-2.4.5 the PLplot "seal of approval".

That "seal of approval" remark is mostly serious; I appear to be one of a
very small group of developers to report a bug in 2.4.4, but that
target/filename clash and one other bug was sufficiently serious that the
cmake developers decided to make a 2.4.5 release in a hurry just with a
limited number of fixes including the fix for "my" bug.  Fortunately, they
made RC's for their forthcoming 2.4.5 release.  It turned out there was a
bug in their fix to the other serious bug which PLplot was kind enough to
find for them (in their RC-2). I think PLplot is an excellent test of cmake
because we use almost the entire language under a wide variety of
circumstances.  Anyhow, RC-4 works well now, and I expect 2.4.5 to come out
within a day or so in excellent shape to build PLplot.

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project