On 2007-07-04 18:01+0200 Dominique MICOLLET wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I compile on a genuine Debian/Etch I get the following error
>
> gd.c: In function 'plD_init_png_Dev':
> gd.c:432: error: 'smooth_text' undeclared (first use in this function)
> gd.c:432: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> gd.c:432: error: for each function it appears in.)
>

> which I supersede by moving the declaration of smooth_text outside the
> #ifdef..#endif blocks at lines 368 and 562 :
>

>    static int smooth_text=1;
> #ifdef HAVE_FREETYPE
>    static int freetype=1;
> #    static int smooth_text=1;
>    FT_Data *FT;
> #endif
>
> I guess it is not the good way...
>
> Any advice ?

I am not sure, but I think the above problem has been fixed in the svn
version.  Could you try that please?  It does change from one day (or week)
to the next, but we almost always leave it in a stable state.

Instructions for retrieving the svn version at
http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=2915 .

Instructions for building (using the preferred CMake build system) at
http://www.miscdebris.net/plplot_wiki/ .