The command

find sys -type d |grep -v .svn

reveals the following subdirectories of sys (edited to get rid of redundancy):

sys/mac
sys/win32
sys/os2
sys/unix
sys/dos/msc
sys/dos/djgpp
sys/dos/bcc
sys/dos/emx
sys/win-tk

My judgement is sys/mac, sys/os2, sys/unix, sys/dos/msc, sys/dos/bcc,
sys/dos/emx, and sys/win-tk are of historical interest only and simply
confuse release tarball users so I have eliminated those directories from
our next release tarball by modifying the list of regex's contained in
CPACK_SOURCE_IGNORE_FILES in our top-level CMakeLists.txt.  That just leaves
sys/dos/djgpp and sys/win32 from the sys tree that will currently be
included in the tarball.

I assume Andrew Roach wants to continue to support DJGPP (since there is no
CMake-based alternative) so sys/dos/djgpp should stay in unless we hear
differently from him.

Important question for Arjen (the historical maintainer of sys/win32): Do
you want to drop sys/win32 from the next release tarball now that most
(all?) windows users are using the more powerful CMake alternative?

Please go ahead and put

"^${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/sys/win32"

in the CPACK_SOURCE_IGNORE_FILES list if your decision is to drop sys/win32.