Hi Andrew:

I just tried the following cmake options with a fresh svn update:

-DBUILD_TEST=ON -DHAVE_NUMPY=OFF

cmake (starting from an empty build tree) and make results seemed fine
(although I can pass them on to you if you need them).  However, ctest had a
python/Numeric error as a result of these options.  Here is the complete
message.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ctest --verbose --tests-regex 'python'
Start processing tests
Test project /home/software/plplot_cvs/HEAD/build_dir
Constructing a list of tests
Done constructing a list of tests
Changing directory into /home/software/plplot_cvs/HEAD/build_dir/test
   5/ 11 Testing examples_python
Test command: /bin/bash -c
EXAMPLES_DIR=/home/software/plplot_cvs/HEAD/build_dir/examples\
SRC_EXAMPLES_DIR=/home/software/plplot_cvs/HEAD/plplot_cmake/examples\
PLPLOT_LIB=/home/software/plplot_cvs/HEAD/plplot_cmake/data/\ ./plplot-test.sh\
--device=psc\ --front-end=python
Testing front-end python
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/software/plplot_cvs/HEAD/build_dir/examples/python/x01", line
36, in ?
     import xw01
   File "/home/software/plplot_cvs/HEAD/build_dir/examples/python/xw01.py",
line 3, in ?
     from plplot_py_demos import *
   File
"/home/software/plplot_cvs/HEAD/build_dir/examples/python/plplot_py_demos.py",
line 4, in ?
     from RandomArray import random
ImportError: No module named RandomArray
-- Process completed
***Failed

0% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 1

The following tests FAILED:
           5 - examples_python (Failed)
Errors while running CTest

This bug in our traditional Python/Numeric interface may affect 5.7.4 as
well so there is probably some urgency to finding the fix.