Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> Hi Orion:
>
> Does latest Fedora have an octave 2.1.x package available?  We currently
> support that version and if that version of octave were available presumably
> some Fedora users would still be using it and could take advantage of
> PLplot.

No, Fedora is bleeding edge :-)

> That is extremely good news that 2.9.14 is so close to 3.0, and I
> hope this encourages Andrew to make an octave interface corresponding to
> that version.
>
> What 2.9.x versions are available for latest Fedora? If only octave 2.9.9 is
> available, then probably the best thing to do is to continue with your patch
> for 2.9.9 for fedora but not propagate that to upstream PLplot (since I
> don't think we want to have three different octave interfaces).  If octave
> testing (2.9.14) is available for latest Fedora, that would be an additional
> encouragement for Andrew to work on an interface corresponding to 2.9.14.

F7 has 2.9.9, and I think we're stuck there for the time being.

2.9.14 is in current Fedora development, which will be F8 shortly.
Final devel freeze is coming up fast.  At the moment plplot will ship
with the octave interface disabled unless we get it fixed.

Perhaps another place to look might be at the graceplot package in
octave forge:

http://octave.sourceforge.net/graceplot/index.html

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]