Hi Alan,

> HAVE_SNPRINTF is a heavily used name so on Debian testing I am getting a
> fair number of warnings about a nameclash with other headers that use it.
> [...]
>
> To avoid these nameclashes I have just committed a fix to use
> PL_HAVE_SNPRINTF (and _PL_HAVE_SNPRINTF) instead.

Didn't know that. But that's actually good to know, so I can find out
how other people solved this problem by searching HAVE_SNPRINTF via
google. I was searching the internet for solutions to this problem, but
didn't find anything useful and came up with my own implementation.

> Because I forgot to change HAVE_SNPRINTF to PL_HAVE_SNPRINTF in plctrl.c in
> an intermediate version of this fix, I inadvertently compiled plsnprintf and
> plsnscanf which showed the following compilation errors.
>
> [...]
> ‘args’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/plplotd.dir/plctrl.o] Error 1
>
> Werner, the fact that nobody else has spotted these errors indicates your
> assumption that these functions will almost always remain unused is a good
> one.  Nevertheless, they should be fixed.  I am not sure exactly how to do
> that so could you please do it (and also test they actually work at
> run-time)?
>
> My committed changes (revision 8504) means these functions will remain
> uncompiled (as before) on most users systems.  In addition, all the warnings
> about nameclashes with other uses of HAVE_SNPRINTF on Linux system headers
> are now gone.

Thanks for the tests and changes. I will have a look at the dummy
functions and why they didn't work.

Regards,
Werner

--