Hi,

----- Original Message ----
From: Alan W. Irwin <ir...@beluga.phys.uvic.ca>
To: PLplot development list <Plplot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Thursday, 5 February, 2009 6:27:53
Subject: Re: [Plplot-devel] time

On 2009-02-02 12:50-0800 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> The [libqsastime] build and test code all work fine for me on Debian testing.
>  However, I
> need volunteers to deal with the visibility issues, windows build, etc.

Please find attached a patch file to build and run qsastime and example 29
when using
  Windows XP
  Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (Express Edition) on
  CMake 2.6.2

I also tested against cygwin 1.5, gcc 3.4.4, CMake 2.6.2

The changes required are all in qsastime-
1. qsastime/CMakeLists.txt
   1.1 Remove qsastime.h and qsastimedll.h from qsastime_LIB_SRCS
       If these are included the qsastime library is not built by MSVC

       Looking at other CMake examples add_library specifications
       do not include header files, so I don't think this is MSVC
       specific.

   1.2 Add extra install command to install the headers.

2. qsastime.c
   2.1 Add #include <ctype.h> for isdigit. This is a standard header
       so I have not made it MSVC specific.

   2.2 fmtlen = strlen(format)
       while(i<fmtlen) ....

       This is basically to remove a warning from MSVC.

   2.3 The rest of the changes are to move variable declarations to the
       beginning of each function.

3. qsastime.h
   3.1 Add include guard on header file.

4. qsastime_extra.c
   4.1 Move variable declarations to the beginning of each function.
   4.2 In passing note that the function getISOString is not thread safe.

5. qsastime_extra.h
   5.1 Add include guard on header file.
   5.2 In passing note that the function getISOString is not thread safe.

6. qsastime_test.c
   6.1 Move variable declarations to the beginning of each function.

   6.2 The MSVC version of strftime does not support all the linux
       strftime format options. Using the original options raises
       a runtime exception in the MSVC 2008 Debug Configuration.

       Where possible I put in equivalent more basic (MSVC) options
       when compling with MSVC

   6.3 Note that cygwin supports all the linux options except %s

Kind regards

Terrence