On Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 19:48:40 (+0100) Andrew Ross writes:
 > I quite like your idea of something like 5.9.2+ though as it is simple.

Just wanted to point out a potential downside.. if anyone does version number
parsing & expects numeric fields throughout, their code will likely barf on
this.

What I do for a different project is call the non-released code "master" (or
"head") and then the version number parser checks for that special string
first before assuming it's a released version & doing the numeric parsing.

--
Maurice LeBrun