To Hazen and Geoff:

(Geoff should be interested in the last paragraph.)

On 2009-07-05 12:23-0400 Hazen Babcock wrote:

> Alan W. Irwin wrote:
>> Now that you have gotten pyqt4 to work correctly with PLplot, I am looking
>> forward to you extending the present example and/or adding additional pyqt4
>> examples to demonstrate the pyqt4 PLplot possibilities that have now opened
>> up.
>
> I've expanded the present example to match the C++ Qt example.

Thanks.  That demonstrates the power of pyqt4 much better than before
and also looks good.

>> What do you think of removing the pyqt3 example (prova.py and qplplot.py)
>> [...]nobody has worked on our pyqt3 bindings or our one pyqt3
>> example
>> since they were donated years ago, and we now seem to have a pyqt4
>> alternative that is being actively developed and used by you.
>
> We probably should remove it. I think that the right way to support PyQt3
> would be similar to how we now support PyQt4, with the appropriate .sip file
> and the Qt driver.

DONE (revision 10120).  Thanks for your guidance on this issue.  I also took
this opportunity to remove the hand-crafted pyqt3 interface to PLplot and
write up what is going on with the change from pyqt3 to pyqt4.  The
interface cuts went pretty deep in bindings/python/plplot_widgetmodule.c,
but I have proved to my satisfaction that the remainder of that file (which
now only implements Geoff's python access to plframe) still builds and
runs without issues. For example, pytkdemo still works the same as before
(i.e., with the issues I mentioned previously to Geoff, but no new ones).