Werner Smekal wrote:
> On Jul 15, 2009, at 7:14 PM, Hazen Babcock wrote:
>> (2) When I try to run a python example I get "ImportError: No module
>> named _plplotc". I have python2.6, numpy 1.3.0 and swig(swigwin?)
>> 1.3.39. Is there anything special that I need to do to use Python/
>> PLplot
>> on windows?
>
> I once tested Python 2.4 on Windows and it kinda worked. Wait - I
> wrote a message that days and you can read it here:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/plplot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00129.html
>
> maybe this thread is of any help for you, keep us posted.

Renaming _plplotcmodule.dll to _plplotc.dll (located in
c:\Python2.6\Lib\site-packages\) does not solve the problem for me. On
linux the equivalent library is named _plplotcmodule.so so I'm not sure
the name is the problem. Or maybe this name convention changed between
python2.5 and python 2.6? I'm going to see if I can generate the
bindings by hand and try to compare that to what the build system is doing.

-Hazen