Hi Werner,
De : Werner Smekal [sme...@iap.tuwien.ac.at]
Date d'envoi : mardi 1 septembre 2009 08:12
À : Alan W. Irwin
Cc : Hazen Babcock; Jerry; Plplot-devel mailing list; Rochel, Alban
Objet : Re: [Plplot-devel] Qt driver update

I'll now try to set a breakpoint in plctrl.c and see if I find
something with gdb. Regarding the grey window/not shown plots I would
like to give Alban direct access to my Mac(s), but I need to establish
a ssh tunnel to this macs since they are behind a firewall. Let's see
if I can do this, but since I have no experience here, this may need
some time.

Regards,
Werner

Having access to one of your Macs could help, indeed, thank you. However, for
your "grey plot" issues, could you just try the following:
- In bindings/qt_gui/plqt.cpp, change QtPLWidget::flush as follows (as I
previously asked you to)
void QtPLWidget::flush()
{
    repaint();
    QApplication::processEvents(); // add this
}

- In drivers/qt.cpp, change plD_eop_qtwidget as:
void plD_eop_qtwidget(PLStream *pls)
{
    QtPLWidget* widget=((QtPLWidget*)pls->dev);
    int currentPage=widget->pageNumber;
    widget->flush(); // add this
    while(currentPage==widget->pageNumber && handler.isMasterDevice(widget) &&
! pls->nopause)
    {
        qApp->processEvents(QEventLoop::WaitForMoreEvents);
    }
}

As for the colour issues, I suspect we have the same kind of issue as we have
with getenv() on Linux. Qt, as we use it, seems to mess up something in the
system environment (and I have no idea what). I've not had getenv() issues with
Qt 4.4. Is it possible for you to try this version of Qt?

I am currently starting to work on Windows for Tuomas Seppala's issues. I have
no experience on cmake on Windows, so I hope it won't take me too long. I'll be
away (part of) this afternoon. To tell you everything, my wife and I are
expecting a baby within 3 weeks, we have to go to the hospital this afternoon,
and don't be surprised if I appear to be away unexpectedly some time in the
next weeks. However, I'll try to work as much as possible on fixing the issues
before the release.

Alban