Someone who is unknown but who had a good idea has filled out the
subscription form at gmane.org to add plplot-devel to the mailing lists they
archive.  gmane.org checked with me (as the plplot-devel list admin), and I
have agreed to this with two changes to discourage spammers.  Those changes
are that all mail addresses are encrypted, and you cannot write to this list
via the gmane website. Essentially what this means is gmane will provide a
read-only archive of this list in a much more convenient form than provided
by our SourceForge mailing-list archive.  As soon as I verify that is
working, I will follow up with the gmane url for our list here.

I plan to do something similar for plplot-general and plplot-cvs unless
somebody here has strong objections.