I have just completed comprehensive Linux testing of our three major
configurations for CMake-2.6.4 and CMake-2.8.1-RC3, and the results (see
README.release) show there are (finally) no regressions left between
CMake-2.6.4 and CMake-2.8.1 for the Linux (Debian Lenny) platform.

Arjen is doing similar regression testing of CMake-2.6.4 and CMake-2.8.1-RC3
using the default configuration for three different Windows platforms
(Cygwin, MinGW, and proprietary Windows compiler).

If somebody could do similar regression testing of CMake-2.6.4 and
CMake-2.8.1-RC3 for Mac OS X and report results in README.release, it would
help to complete all our major platforms and give us complete confidence in
CMake-2.8.1 (whose release is expected shortly) as well as CMake-2.6.4.