> In my opinion, all possible versions should be searched for within the
> installation prefix zone.
>
> Then all possible versions should be searched for in other zones.
>
> And it should be possible (and easy) to prevent that last step.

You can easily do that by providing your own FindTCL.cmake. You can
prevent that system directories are searched. If you found nothing you
can then include them. Most of these Findxxx.cmake modules are user
provided (although FindTCL.cmake is provided by kitware, the makers of
cmake). But it's easy to change the modules according to ones needs and
then let cmake use them instead of the standard one.

Or, if you think this is really a major flaw (which I don't think, since
the module will work for 99% of all developers), you can submit a bug
report to the cmake mailing list.

Regards,
Werner

> -Geoff