On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Andrew Ross
<andrewr...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 02:53:53PM +0100, Andrew Ross wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 09:25:19AM -0400, Hezekiah M. Carty wrote:

>> > Andrew,
>> >
>> > I get working builds here from a clean checkout and build directory.
>> > Could you try from a completely fresh checkout of trunk?
>> >
>> > Hez
>>
>> Hez,
>>
>> I can confirm that this occurs even with a clean checkout src tree and
>> a clean build tree. For reference I built with just ocaml bindings
>> and minimal drivers to check
>>
>> cmake -DBUILD_TEST=ON -DDEFAULT_NO_BINDINGS=ON -DENABLE_ocaml=ON
>> -DDEFAULT_NO_DEVICES=ON -DPLD_psc=ON -DPLD_xwin=ON ../plplot/
>>
>> OCaml version 3.11.2
>> camlidl version 1.05
>>
>> in both cases.
>
> Hez,
>
> The problem appears between revisions 11881 and 11882. Unfortunately (of
> course) this is the big revision of the ocaml bindings. I don't understand
> enough about ocaml to spot any obvious problems, but I'd be happy to test
> any ideas.
>
> Andrew

Andrew and Alan (who provided some helpful information off list),

Commits 11933 and 11934 should fix this issue for you and re-enable
the OCaml bindings by default.  it turns out that I wasn't able to
reproduce the issue due to a change in what is allowed and disallowed
in module interfaces in the latest version(s) of OCaml.  I have OCaml
3.12.0 or later on each of the systems I tested this on.  The
compilation was successful for me because the old and incorrect
function interface was shadowed by the new interface, something which
is allowed in the latest releases of OCaml to support some new
language features.  The old functions have been removed from the OCaml
interface so the OCaml bindings should now compile cleanly on OCaml
versions prior to 3.12.0.

Thank you for the reports.  I was out of town for a while, otherwise
this would have been resolved sooner.

Hez