Hi Hazen:

Earlier today I sent an e-mail to Brad King, the CMake git guru (with
CC to you to keep you fully informed) asking how they implemented the
enforcement hooks in their git repo to maintain the desired
--first-parent properties of the integration branches used in their
workflow.  Assuming we adopt their workflow, then I think it is
absolutely essential that we get these enforcement hooks in place
before proceeding further with PLplot development using git so I think
it is a good idea to make our SF git repo read-only until this
implementation issue for our workflow is resolved.  I plan to do that
later today if you don't have any strong objections.

Of course, Brad King may not answer my question so it may be up to you
to figure out the implementation of the hooks or possibly even me.
But if this takes more than a few days (which is guaranteed if I have
to implement it), then I think we should make our svn repo writeable
again which would allow the PLplot developers to proceed for a bit
longer using svn until we do figure out an implementation for the git
workflow enforcement hooks.  Of course, if svn is used for development
again that means you have to do the svn to git repo transformation
again.  To avoid that I am willing to let the current pause in PLplot
development continue (with both the svn and git repos being read-only)
until, say, the middle of next week) in the hope that the required git
hooks can be put in place in a timely manner.