I have just (commit e2ac60c) finished updating our build system so
that the ocaml binding and examples works reliably for the first time
for the static case (and also the case where the source, build, and
install trees have spaces in their prefixes).

The long-standing PostScript difference issues, i.e.,

ocaml
   Missing examples            :
   Differing graphical output  :  08 16 19 33
   Missing stdout              :
   Differing stdout            :

are still with us and are still a substantial concern.  I am going to
try to fix these issues as my next PLplot priority, but others have
tried and failed at this previously due to lack of experience with
OCaml.  I have that same problem so we will see how far I get.