Dear Alan,

On 12.07.2017 09:05, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> On 2017-07-11 13:43-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:
>> I agree this confusion between upstream and Debian is not ideal.
>> However, Debian packaging is important to us since it does reveal some
>> deficiencies (at least from the Debian point of view) with the
>> upstream version.  And I do have sufficient Debian packaging knowledge
>> that I can interpret a debian subdirectory tree even if I don't have
>> sufficient knowledge to create one on my own.  So I think the best
>> thing to do is to replace everything in our now out-dated debian
>> subdirectory with a README that shows how to get convenient access to
>> the latest debian packaging information that you are working on. So I
>> would appreciate you supplying that information, and once I have that
>> from you, I will make that proposed change.
>
> I am still waiting for that information from you to help finish
> off this topic between us.

Oh, yes. Sorry. I am not sure what exactly you want here; this is
however the collection of information you can somehow compile-in:

* The users page for the source package is
  https://packages.debian.org/source/unstable/plplot
  with links to all binary packages

* There is a page with developers information about the package:
  https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/plplot

* The development repository is
  https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/plplot.git

* The source code of the released packages can also be found at
  https://sources.debian.net/src/plplot/unstable/

* plplot will be maintained collaboratively by the debian-science
  team, so packaging specific discussion shall go to
  debian-scie...@lists.debian.org
  We are happy about volunteers wanting to help us, send patches or
  join the mainenance team.

* Debian specific bugs shall be files with the "reportbug" tool in the
  Debian bug database

> The PLplot nn and csa library licensing topic:
>
> See my recent post concerning this issue.  The upshot is this
> licensing problem appears to be completely resolved now thanks
> to your help and Pavel Sakov's kindly (and very quick) cooperation
> with my request for permission to do that licensing update.
> Time for a big celebration for both of us!

Yea!!! That was great! And I thank you very much for your efforts and
collaboration! If only any licensing issues could be solved so nicely!

> The PLplot release topic:
>
> I should have stated before to you (since it is completely relevant to
> your packaging effort) that I am planning a PLplot-5.13.0 release
> "soon".  A lot of issues (such as the above licensing issue) appear to
> be falling into place pretty rapidly right now so "soon" might
> actually be some time this month, but stay tuned about that.

I already integrated the 5.12.0 sources (see the git repository link
above), but I will wait with a release until 5.13.0 is out, due to the
licensing issue. And I still need to fine-tune everything and to see
which Debian specific patches are still needed and forward them to you
if useful. You have have a look on your own in the debian/patches subdir:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/plplot.git/tree/debian/patches

Thank you again for the nice and effective cooperation! I am happy that
plplot has such great authors!

Best regards

Ole