On 2017-10-05 20:44-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

On 2017-10-06 00:19+0100 Phil Rosenberg wrote:

This is a GCC vs Visual Studio difference I have seen before. I think
my latest commit should have fixed it, but I don't have access to a
linux system right now to test on.

Hi Phil:

Your commit got rid of this Linux build issue for both DPL_WXWIDGETS_IPC3=ON and
OFF.  Thanks for the quick fix!

Hi Phil:

I spoke a bit too soon since your commit 3379c4e (current master HEAD)
solved the build error introduced by commit e4fb932, but it turns out
there is also currently a wxwidgets run-time error with master HEAD
i.e., the following failed assert is generated:

software@raven> examples/c/x02c -dev wxwidgets
../src/gtk/bitmap.cpp(923): assert "IsOk()" failed in GetWidth():
invalid bitmap

This also happens for std example 1 (and presumably all other standard
examples) and whether DPL_WXWIDGETS_IPC3=ON or OFF.

This run-time issue does not occur for the commit just
preceding e4fb932 (i.e.,

e4fb932^ = ff29053... Attempted workaround for wxPLViewer IPC3 hangs

) so the issue must have been introduced
by commit e4fb932 or a later commit in the master branch.
I cannot bisect this problem further because of the Linux build error
that is fixed by current master HEAD, but if you can replicate
the above failed assert on Windows, then git bisect should
work for you to nail down which commit in the range from
commit e4fb932 to master HEAD caused this current
run-time issue.