Hi Alan,

> However, I hope those comments (such as the possibility mentioned above of
> building an octave MinGW-w64/MSYS2 package for yourself using the pacman
> packaging information at
> <https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/tree/master/mingw-w64-octave-hg>)
> are still of some use to you.

I have tried to build Octave under MinGW-w64/MSYS2 using that webpage. However:
- I had to remove the references to the patches, as these do not seem to be
available. No idea what the effect is
- The build failed on a mismatch in the checksums:

$ makepkg -sCLf
==> Making package: mingw-w64-octave-hg r19590.6d75f1683ce8-1 (Sun, Aug 12,
2018 15:56:07)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Updating gnulib git repo...
Fetching origin
  -> Found tip.tar.bz2
==> ERROR: Integrity checks (sha256) differ in size from the source array.

This is the point where I stopped. I have no clue as to whether this is a
serious issue or not.

I guess an alternative could be to simply build Octave and install it without
pacman, but I have not tried that yet.

Regards,

Arjen
DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The
Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way
whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper,
incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.