Phil,

You have been very helpful in the past and I thank you.  I was just now trying to build again to get the error and the rebuild rebuild went better.  There were no cmake errors last time, but the sln barked that not all projects were loaded and terminated with an error.  I deleted the old build and tried again.  this time a great many more files and folders appeared in the build dir and the sln opened w/o any warnings or errors.  However, now it is hanging in the INSTALL phase.  Here is the last few lines in the IDE output window:

9>------ Build started: Project: parity_bit_check, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
9>Building Custom Rule C:/plplot-5.15.0/utils/CMakeLists.txt
9>CMake does not need to re-run because C:/plplot-5.15.0/build/utils/CMakeFiles/generate.stamp is up-to-date.
9>parity_bit_check.c
9>parity_bit_check.vcxproj -> C:\plplot-5.15.0\build\utils\Debug\parity_bit_check.exe
6>Building Custom Rule C:/plplot-5.15.0/include/CMakeLists.txt
6>CMake does not need to re-run because C:/plplot-5.15.0/build/include/CMakeFiles/generate.stamp is up-to-date.

Not sure how long the install should take.

David