Unlib.plt doesn't compile, as you (Sam) reported several weeks ago. I tried to fix the problem, and started wondering whether the underlying problem was whether 'define-match-expander' was working incorrectly. For instance, what should this program produce?

foo.ss:

#lang scheme

(define-match-expander my-cons
  (error 'dontcare "aagh!")
  cons)

(provide (rename-out [my-cons cons]))

bar.ss:

#lang scheme

(require "foo.ss")

(cons 3 4)

Reading the docs, it looks like it should produce the pair containing 3 and 4, but it actually signals the error. It appears to me that the untyped folks are (mis?)reading the docs in the same way I am.

Am I wrong, or is define-match-expander broken, or is something else going on?

Thanks,

John