On 2002.10.6, at 01:35  PM, Hilary Cheng wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>     I am using the Plucker as my ebook reader. But I found that
> the Soft Hypen makes problem on displaying Chinese Characters.
> If I remove the soft hypen detection, It can display Chinese w/o any
> problem. Is that possible to add an options that let users to turn
> on/off
> soft hypen detection ?

Soft-Hyphen is assigned to charcode 0xAD and will overlap with the
Chinese code mapping.
It is easy to disable soft-hyphen by option, but I think it is
different problem.
Is encoding information included in the header of plucker document?
And can I choose character set (at least from Chinese and European)
from software on PalmOS?

(I heard that the newest Chinese GRPS mobilephone supported Unicode,
and it can also show Japanese on the same device. On the other hand,
the unicode is not supported even on PalmOS5. So we still have to take
care for multipule encodings on the individual software.)

(Narrow font causes trouble on Asian Palm devices because the font set
does not have multibyte characters. Font selector panel must be changed
for those devices.)

matto