Laurens M. Fridael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> it seems that SVG may not be in a happy place for free software
>> either, because of patents held on some of its core methods.
> Akin to the LZW patent used by GIF? I'll take a look.

Actually, I think they're far more pervasive than that.  With the GIF
patent, there was only one and a better format that avoided the patent was
possible anyway.

>> Please, get your hands dirty and start work if you're convinced
>> people will want this.  It may well be the case that you have to
>> maintain a "PluckNGo" branch so as not to load the main code with a
>> lot of unnecessary baggage, but it should be doable.
> Right now, JPluck takes up all my programming time and there's still a lot
> to cover there. Maybe later.

Indeed, I understand that, but I don't think any of the current core have
the right time+willing available to do this for you now, so pleading will
have little effect.  Maybe it will encourage someone new to start
contributing to plucker?  Failing that, it will just have to wait.

MJR