Eugene Y. Vasserman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...] how feasable it is to have plucker handle obvious html errors
> "intelligently". [...]

It's rather difficult to detect how to handle these "obvious" errors.
Normally, it means that the site authors' are depending on some display
logic error of particular (groups of) browser(s).  It is possible to locally
mirror pages with a tool like wget and then use tidy to correct some errors,
but even that is not infallible and they've put a lot of time into how to do
it, so Plucker probably won't exceed that.  It will still fail on some
sites.

It's a compromise: I'd rather Plucker developers spent time on improving
functionality for real web sites (ie ones that are valid and follow
guidelines) than tried to square the circle and understand the
unintelligible.  Wouldn't you?

--
MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.