Nevermind.  I have a horrible memory for numbers--I misremembered the
0x00AD as a 0x00A5.

While on the subject of soft hyphens, no FntWordWrap() does not handle
them.  However, it doesn't really matter given how I use FntWordWrap().
(I back up from the break indicated by FntWordWrap() one character to the
left of the last soft hyphen or space, and then run things through the
standard GetLineMetrics() handler.)  Perhaps text that does a lot of soft
hyphen breaking will be processed a touch slowly, but it should render OK
(though I haven't tried it).

Alex

--
Dr. Alexander R. Pruss  || e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Philosophy Department   || online papers and home page: