On Mon, Aug 18, 2003, Adam McDaniel wrote:

> Thought I'd move this over to plucker-dev

Well, *now* it is moved to plucker-dev ;-)

> 1. I dont think that this will do anything to help solve the original
> problem pointed out by Stefan Dannemann in

My fix is for bug report #731.

> 2. What exactly is the point of using WinScreenMode() to get
> maxBitDepth if you're only going to prop up the results later on.

If the device says that it supports 16bpp we shouldn't tell it that
"no you don't; you only support 8bpp" ;-)

The code I added will "listen" to the device and then if the OS makes
it possible to display images of higher bit depth than the device says
it supports the bit depth will be adjusted. However, it will not
*decrease* the bit depth if the device says that it supports more than
what the OS "should" support...

/Mike