From: "Steven Spadt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 11:31 AM
Subject: Limit on number of pages plucked? (Error code=514)

Hello all,

I'm getting an error code = 514 when I navigate to certain pages within a
pluckered pdb.  The PalmOS error code decoder shows that "Error 514
(decimal) is dmErrIndexOutOfRange, defined in DataMgr.h"  Also, all the
pages generating that error seem to be the last ones that were parsed/added
by the plucker distillation (according to the log file).  I'm using the
command-line Java Distiller 1.2 (not JPluck).  Our site is very large (the
number of files parsed is 16,492), so my question is, is it possible that
there is some limit in the number of pages plucked that would be causing
this error?  If so, would a modification to the distiller solve this or is
it a limitation in the PalmOS itself?

One more follow-up: any plans for a Java version of the 1.4 distiller?  I'd
love support for <sup> and <sub>, but need a command-line interface, so
JPluck isn't the answer.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Steve

Steven Spadt
Director, Electronic Product Development
American College of Physicians
+ 215.351.2574
+ [EMAIL PROTECTED]