For those with "live" networked Palm devices, you can now download
.prc and .pdb files _directly_ onto your Palm device from the Palm itself,
using a tool I just found called 'ptorrent'. It's a bit rough around the
edges, but if you load it up, and point it to a Plucker .pdb file (such as
those hanging on the "Samples" section of the website, or the "Snapshots"
page), it will fetch it over http, and install it. I just fetched the
hourly snapshot of Plucker, via the Palm, without being connected to any
desktop machine at all, or using any sort of sync tools to download it.

        Pretty slick stuff, and now gives us the ability to push .pdb
files directly to the users, from the server (hint hint: my.plkr.org,
perhaps? =)

        Anyone care to bang on the code a bit, test it out under different
operating systems/conditions/devices and write up a little HOWTO on how to
use it, so I can post a news article on the main Plucker website for it?

        http://openpalmenv.sourceforge.net/

        (message send failed, but just as I was sending, I found this:)

        http://www.unrooted.net/hacking/palm/online-repository.html

        Yowza.

d.