---Reply to mail from Alexander R. Pruss about monochrome bitmaps

> I am working on PalmImagePlugin.py to recognize when an image really is
> monochrome to downgrade the bpp for that image.

    I saw this and it may be a bad thing. Multiimages look bad if they are
not all the same depth. I had this happen with ImageMagick. It always
saves the image in the least bpp.

Just something to watch for.

---End reply

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
"While the Big "M" folks in Redmond maintain the products are vastly
different, critics allege Workstation can be switched into the Server
version with a few easy tweaks. An official Microsoft marketer suggests
that's like arguing the only difference between men and women is a Y
chromosome. We think it's more akin to discovering your date is in drag."
    -- Unknown, on the differences between Microsoft NT Workstation
        4.0 and Server 4.0