I just got a T5 to work out a weird speed problem with my FontSmoother. Some observations about Plucker on the T5:

1. Search is significantly slower than on my NX70, despite a faster processor. My benchmark clocks in at 87 seconds on the T5 with the data in NVFS Program Memory (and it looks about the same with the data in the Internal Drive, though I haven't formally timed it), while on my NX70 it works in about 50 seconds with data on MS, despite a slower processor (200mhz vs 410mhz). Are NVFS and the Internal Drive slower than memory sticks? Or is there something we should do to optimize better here?

2. (Minor thing--I'll figure out what's wrong with my build or with the code myself, I guess.) The five-way doesn't seem to work on my build. There is no five-way config in the buttons dialogue and five-way selection in the library doesn't do anything.

3. Autoscroll speed is blazingly fast with antialiased fonts (on my NX, autoscroll was pretty slow with aa fonts).

Alex

--
Dr. Alexander R. Pruss
Department of Philosophy