Subject: Desktop Client + Annotations

I've followed some of the plans for annotation support in plucker and have some questions / suggestions.

   1. Will the annotations be synchronized and not just "backed up"? I ask this because I use another program that allows me to annotate and in order to enter data more effectively into it, I use a Palm OS simulator on my PC to annotate the program, and then I sync it with my desktop as if it were a palm. The problem is the program I use only backs up the annotations, it doesn't synchronize them. So when I then try to synchronize my real palm, it doesn't get the annotations. I have to go into the backup directory and manually install the pdb. Will the plucker reader make them sync instead?

   2. Are you going to add the ability to annotate to the PC desktop (GTK?) version of the reader? Or make a desktop plucker file viewer / reader that allows you to annotate? I think it would be really nice if people could annotate their documents on the desktop and then sync those annotations to their handhelds. Will this be possible?

Thanks!

--Josh

--
Joshua Menke