--- Chris Hawks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After only 6 years of faithful service(!) mt Palm
> IIIx is on its last legs.
>
> I'm looking at the Tungsten E2.
>
> Any comments? Advice?

A friend of mine has had one for a few years. Overall
it's been very good. The flip flap for protecting the
screen is wimpy. It took only one short drop to
partially rip the "hinge" part.

It's also survived a spill of coffee (no cream or
sugar) and went back to working OK after drying out.

With an OS patch it can support SDIO devices in the
SD/MMC slot, but the CPU is a bit underpowered for
host-based devices, and you have to watch the power
requirements. That means there's only one BlueTooth
SDIO card (I dunno if it's shipping yet) that
is NOT a host-based device and low enough power draw.

It makes a very nice bookreader and MP3 player, does
tolerably well on small video files.

For SD memory cards, I've found the lowest prices
for brand name ones at K-Mart. Yes, K-Mart, home of
the Martha Stewart Living and Joe Boxer product lines.
:)

It will be total Fandemonium!
August (Fri) 4th, (Sat) 5th & (Sun) 6th, 2006
http://www.fandemonium.org