Sorry, too many email clients at once today.

At the top: Edit -> Account Settings, the rest should be the same.

On 04/28/2014 08:00 AM, Lyle Tuttle wrote:
At 07:38 AM 4/28/2014, Stephen Partington wrote:
HAH, i should read the subject first.

In Thunderbird: Go to Edit -> Properties

No "properties" found....

Click on your Account (top on your email address)
at the bottom use account actions and then remove account

This is the ubuntu 14.04 default thunderbird install.

That is what I have: Ubuntu 14.04; default Thunderbird install; on Dell latitude E6500

Here is how I finally removed it:

Thunderbird; edit; preferences; advanced; config Editor.......then (I had 8 email accounts set up, counting the one I did not want - it was the last one #8); scroll down the mail.account.account8.server; reset - do that for all of the #8 entries PLUS delete that account from the value line of mail.account.manager.accounts

that did it......

Now, WHY is mine different than yours? T-bird ver 24.4.0 ; up-to-date Ubuntu 14.04

Curious lyle, the slow learner