In 2000 I used Linux for 8 months and then went back to Windows. In 2006 I used Linux for about 3 months and went back to Windows. Mostly because I need IE for testing. I hated IE in Wine. I've been using Kubuntu as my main system for 5 or 6 months. I think it will stick this time. It has been a pain making the switch. I still need to load Windows in a virtual machine so I can have everything on one machine. No time and no energy to do so at this time. I stay with Kubuntu because I know at some point I am really going to forced to switch over to Linux any way.

I have a laptop running Win7. I use it to test with IE and to use Go-To_Meetings which does not work on Linux for some reason. Since my two large screens are connected to my Linux box I am unable to enjoy NetFlix until I get a vmachine set up with Windows.

In summary I would say that each have their strong points. I like some of the things about Kubuntu and I like other things about Windows. If I could combine them I would.

On 2014-06-21 16:02, j...@actionline.com wrote:
Brian last wrote (in very small part ;)
Re: KDE ... these days it's quite small.

Brian, your comments (and advice and guidance) are always especially
helpful and very, very much appreciated.

I, too, much prefer KDE and Mint to the many other distros that I have
tried. Sometimes, I get very frustrated with changes that they make that
often seem to me to create a frustrating nuisance and make things worse
than the way things were before the change.  I do *despise* everything
about nepomuk and akonadi and never seem to have been able to totally
eliminate it from my systems.

Also, for example, I really wish they would bring back the hide button
for the start line.

Most annoying to me is when they force new things on us instead of just
giving the option to "opt-in" if we should choose to do so.

Yet, all-in-all, I am just so incredibly thankful to not have to live
with that most horrific of all annoyances that is M$. Every time I have
to try to help my dear bride with her M$ box, I praise God again that I
don't have to contend with that.