Ah, your system got a v6 autoconfig address or something that it thinks it's functional enough to use.  I've seen this before, your stack is wanting to use v6, but v6 no workie in reality.  More than a few companies spontaneously broke with this sort of behavior at large when a network guy randomly plays with v6 features in the router.

Problem is v6 is still a sad state of affairs as a whole, and _not_ automagical to work without some serious elbow grease plus giving a damn still.

Best to usually just disable it until you have need to otherwise use it specifically that you're going to ensure it works.  I've seen this wreak havoc in a network with partial (ahem, someone screwing around) enabling v6 that hosts start trying to use it, but really can't.  Usually it's disabled locally in the network config or via GPO push for windoze, under linux using a kernel flag.

sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1
sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6=1

Far as I know cox doesn't still support ipv6 in residential (their folks and vendors can't figure it out either), so unless you're tunneling a device to a v6 provider with a real good reason to do so, there isn't much point.  Keeping v6 on and default also leaves your system potentially open to exploit (no one is administratively preventing attacks against you here either probably), most best practices state to disable it unless you enable with reason.

As a network guy, dealing with the 128bit v6 addressing makes my head hurt, I just hope to retire before I really have to care about supporting it in reality.  Vendors still can't get clients to play well universally, even android is one of the biggest offenders of this still, each has quirks (autoconfigure vs dhcpv6?), and generally only used where there is no option.  Everyone who could hoarded most of the v4 addresses, they now sell like gold while everyone else struggles with v6 doom.

-mb