sign up for gigabit download speeds

actually that won't guarantee anything, what determines down speed is the
upload speeds of the hosts.

most of the settings are for telling ktorrent how many concurrent downloads
you want and and how many connections to each torrent you want. make sure
you have enough.

after that it depends on how many seeders are offering the torrent and
their uplod speeds

if you have a torrent with one seeder then you are at his mercy if he is
online or not

there are settings in ktorrent to slow down transfers so you dont take up
all your bandwidth, but those are off by default.