Am 25. Jan, 2020 schwätzte William Lindley so:

moin moin Bill,

Very happy with my Brother color duplex laser (well, really, LED beam)
printer.  Works perfectly with cups ppd.

What model do you have?

When I was looking online everything was pointing at downloading a
proprietary tool from brother's site.

I did find a package for brother printers and it lists two B/W printers.

ciao,

der.hans

Places like 123inkjets.com have low-cost remanufactured or compatible
cartridges that work perfectly as well.

The only noticeable overall performance difference is that whereas HP
prints duplex pages faster (first-side-first-page,
first-side-second-page, second-side-first-page,
second-side-second-page), the Brother only handles one sheet at a time.
The slower speed, in my experience, is not a problem because the Brother
mechanism is less likely to jam, and is far easier to clear should
anything go wrong.

\\/

#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  TXLF cfp extended to Jan 25 https://2020.texaslinuxfest.org/
#  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
#  I took the one less traveled by,
#  And that has made all the difference. -- Robert Frost
#  I, OTOH, prefer to just go stomping through the desert... - der.hans