BTW, I’m sure lots of people here remember when Apple announced the iOS SDK a
few months after the first iPhone was released…

I also remember seeing tons of ads from companies looking to hire “iOS SDK
programmers with 3-5 years of iOS experience”. I could never figure out if they
were just trolling for Apple employees or they honestly thought there were
people outside of Apple who had been in the beta programs that long and would
take a pay-cut to get a full-time job doing iOS programming somewhere. But the
demand for iOS programmers is still quite strong.

-David Schwartz