I've been using these on several vm's over the years without issues, full
updates, etc.  Microsoft tells me they're legit, so good with me.

There's some argument if it's entirely legal, like buying region locked
dvd's and games, but fully functional and I lose no sleep.  I use them with
visio and project keys I also get there on the cheap ($20 vs $600 in the
US), which are the real reasons I'm usually using windoze at all.

-mb