I've searched the 'net and tried Gmail forums, but can't find
any help anywhere else, so I'll try the best source, even though
this is OT.

1. Every day, I have some legitimate email that Gmail sends
to spam, so I still have to go through it every day to retrieve
those legitimate items.

2. Having created several hundred Gmail filters to battle this
never-ending spam problem (and to try to cut down on the number
of emails overrunning the spam folder that I have to scan through
every day, I now find that some legitimate email is now getting filtered
and sent to trash, also.

So, I have been running all kinds of tests to try to figure out why
this is happening.  One example is a PLUG email that just went
into trash with the subject: "OT: I've Been Burgled!"

After examining my filters and not finding any that should have
caused this problem, I tried sending a dozen different email
messages to myself with various combinations of criteria to
identify what might be causing the problem.  I only have filters
set up for From: / To: / and Subject: , so I tried every possible
combination of character strings and finally narrowed the
problem down to one word in the subject line that causes
the errant filtering to trash of this item ... the word: "I've"

I do not have the word "I've" in any of my filters.  So can anyone
suggest any possible reason or remedy for this anomaly?

Another very strange thing about this is that when I pull up a
list of all my filters and try to do a search for the word "I've"
or even "Ive" I get zero hits.   However, in the process of testing
this, I discovered that when I search for some other words, in
my list of filters, I have found that search returns several
more hits for some words or names than actually appear in
the list.  That is really strange.

For example, if I search for the name "Greg" search returns
five (5) hits, but there are only two occurences of that name
in my list of filters.  This happens on many other words, also.

Hope someone can provide some help with these problems.

Google doesn't respond and I can't find any help in any
Gmail forum.

Joe