Yeah, that's the model. VIZIO VF550XVT1A

I meant VGA :] Looks like it can connect a-ok and the manual lists it
as one of the connection options. so.. tomorrow I burn this kunewbtu
iso (8.04 for the parents so they can be comfortable on a 'normal' kde
3... :( ) and roll with it

Thanks folks, I'll let you know how it goes.

On 3/3/09, Sir Light <sirli...@cox.net> wrote:

> Ryan,
>
> BTW it's VIZIO VF550XVT1A is the brand and model, aye?
>
> http://www.vizio.com/product.aspx?id=2802&pid=1502
>
> Jon
> ---- Sir Light <sirli...@cox.net> wrote:
>> Hello Ryan,
>>

>> > My parents have just purchased a FREAKING HUGE 55" Visio HDTV, so epic
>> > win.
>> >

>> > Question: How much work, if any does it take to run in full resolution
>> > 1920x1080, if this is possible. I'm not expecting progressive scan or
>> > anything fancy, just native HD.
>> > Is this possible/how much work is it to make possible on Kunewbtu? I
>> > already
>> > see myself upgrading the RAM and harddrive on this box mighty fast ;)
>> >

>> I have a Samsung 56 inch TV/Monitor with all kinds of connections like
>> VGA, DVI, HDMI.
>>
>> If by RGB you mean VGA, then it shouldn't be any problems connecting that
>> bad boy to the PC. I'm running Fedora 10 with mine and it just comes up in
>> the MAX rez of 1920x1080p.
>>
>> Just make sure you read the TV monitor's manual to see IF it can connected
>> to a PC and what rez. Not all big-screen tvs can do so.
>>
>> Jon

Thanks and best regards,
Ryan Rix
TamsPalm - The PalmOS Blog
(623)-239-1103 <-- Grand Central, baby!

Jasmine Bowden - Class of 2009, Marc Rasmussen - Class of 2008, Erica
Sheffey - Class of 2009, Rest in peace.