Hey E.

PAM bit ya huh. Ain't it the sh*t? Those look like straight X errors.
Did you delete all your your old KDE, X, and all its lock files from
your ~/  something is probably containmenated from the unstability. If
you're up to the new X remember you don't need an xorg.conf file any
longer unless you have some specific chipset issue.As far as I know
there are no PAM files in ~/ . You can always take KDM out of the
equation by uninstalling it and using startx if that is the only DE/WM
on the box.

Hey hope you had a great wkend down SE style. All I can say is I hope
those who want to host with you and get ISP access use your services.
You "seemingly" stepped out on an edge when you helped me with my shell
experiment a couple months back and I appreciate your consideration,
help and non judgemental attitude.

Vi^3PP