On 08/09/2010 10:42 PM, j...@actionline.com wrote:
I use the following script to convert a batch of images to a uniform width
of 900 pixels.  It works fine ... but how do I need to modify it to do the
same task but also convert all the originals that are .png files to .jpg?

mkdir 900
find -type f -maxdepth 1 -print0 | xargs -r -0 -ixxx convert -resize 900
-quality 90% xxx ./900/xxx

find -type f -maxdepth 1 -print0 | xargs -r -0 -ixxx convert -resize 900
-quality 90% xxx ./900/$(basename xxx .png).jpg

convert works by file extensions. I haven't tested this, so experiment with it
before destroying all your images. :P