On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Ed <p...@0x1b.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 7:30 AM, Eric Shubert <e...@shubes.net> wrote:
> > On 10/30/2010 07:18 AM, Lisa Kachold wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't think anything but the best,
> >> most state of art Drupal installation should be in place for a Linux
> >> group, but that's just me.
> >>

> > I agree with this, as I expect most PLUG members would.
> > Is this an impractical goal?
> > Is there some reason it cannot be done? What would it take?
> > Lisa seems to indicate that perhaps Hans needs to delegate some of his
> > responsibilities, or am I reading her comments wrong?
> >
> > --
> > -Eric 'shubes'
>
> Hello All,
>
> The site is undergoing a migration to a new CMS, if memory serves,
> Drupal is not going to run the next www.plug.phoenix.az.us.
> Most of the problems regarding the current site are due to
> administrative cruft that has built up over the years - that and
> upgrading Drupal has never been an easy or simple matter.
>
> Well, Drupal's upgrades are getting better, depending on your capabilities.

ALL CMS have security issues; Drupal less than others...

Content is generally not expected to be carried on for 10 years and 3
revisions of Drupal, now was it?

The content could be migrated manually with a few mysql queries and manual
table populations, but it's not going to be displayed the same without the
Event Repeat Module (which is currently still under code development for
Drupal 6 and 7 [and not stable under 5 - which the plug-site runs on]).

I have a LOT of drupal, Joomla, Wordpress, vTiger, and few trillion others,
with Ubercart, etc.  It's a trade-off really, just like the inane arguments
over which distro is better....

Drupal and any CMS is only as good as the developer, and those without
experience with a tool, tend to search for another and bash it, usually
going away in the volunteering process.  Laugh!

> thus a further migration.

Skype: 6022393392
ATT:     5037544452
GV:      6236883392
http://www.it-clowns.com
Politicians should read science fiction, not westerns and detective stories.
-Arthur C. Clark I am free because I know that I alone am morally
responsible for everything I do. -Heinlein