Am 05. Nov, 2011 schwätzte Benjamin Browning so:

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 5:34 PM, der.hans <pl...@lufthans.com> wrote:
The clone notices that it's no longer on the same (virtual) hardware, so
udev rules move to a new networking device, but the networking rules don't
get updated. In other words, no networking, so no talking to the dhcp
server.

If you do this, be mindful that spinning up a clone VM without
disabling the networking until you reconfigure it can and will cause
arp poisoning...

Bah. What's a little poison between VMs?  :)

It's working well for me thus far, but I'm not yet doing much with it.

I might soon need to spin up lots of VMen, so I'll want to automate a few
things at that point. Hostname changes ( which fix the networking issues
since I'm using DHCP ) will be amongst the first things to be automated.

Finally found a document on what parameters are allowed for dnsmasq setup.

http://www.libvirt.org/formatnetwork.html

ciao,

der.hans
#  If you're not learning, you're not living. - der.hans