Derek, they are just doing name based Apache Virtual URL's on all the same
server.

The TCP/IP header of the packet provides the information on source and
destination, when not rewritten from NAT, etc.  That header information
cross referenced with other packets provides a signature that can easily be
traced to the server itself, or found from within your cookies on your side
or the server side (which are cached for large institutions by places like
Akamai [that has federal government access at all times (Google uses
Alamai)].

The NSA/DHS taps and security audits know what they are doing and can
crunch a great deal of data to fingerprint and determine a subset of
information about each person.

Cross reference of Akamai Caching information (with those taps) trivially
identifies most people irregardless of a proxy, however much people think
they are anonymizing.

The only successful exploits run from a script on a server run from leap
frog access from a list of servers outside of the USA.

Everyone else doing nepharious things is either interesting enough to just
watch or on their way to jail.

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Derek Trotter <expat.arizo...@gmail.com>wrote:

>  That doesn't always work.  Take cases where multiple sites live on a
> server with one IP address.
>
> I pinged www.gc.maricopa.edu to get their IP address 140.198.200.163.  I
> put in firefox and got their site.
>
> I tried the same for www.foxnews.com 24.143.206.89 but got the following
> instead.
>
>  Invalid URL The requested URL "/", is invalid.
>
> Reference #9.55ce8f18.1321555305.131e3b52
>

> On 11/17/2011 10:56 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:
>
> On 11/15/2011 04:37 PM, Lisa Kachold wrote:
>
> http://www.brookings.edu/papers/2011/1115_cybersecurity_friedman.aspx
>
> --
>

> I haven't read the proposals (did read the article), but if all they're
> doing is changing DNS services, wouldn't (simply) adding entries to the
> hosts file of any client circumvent the controls? Am I missing something?

(602) 791-8002  Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype
(623) 688-3392 Google Voice
**