Am 12. Feb, 2012 schwätzte Lisa Kachold so:

moin moin,

Has anyone used Percona?

Used it at the last job. Worked quite well for us. We used it as as drop
in replacement for MySQL with better performance.

http://www.percona.com/software/

  - Percona Server with
XtraDB<http://www.percona.com/software/percona-server/>is our database
server, with high performance and scalability
  - Percona XtraBackup<http://www.percona.com/software/percona-xtrabackup/>is
the world's only open-source hot backup solution for InnoDB and XtraDB

I'm definitely a fan of XtraBackup.

ciao,

der.hans

  - Percona XtraDB <http://www.percona.com/software/percona-xtradb/> is
  our high-performance storage engine for MySQL, based on InnoDB
  - Percona XtraDB
Cluster<http://www.percona.com/software/percona-xtradb-cluster/>is a
new high availability and high scalability solution for MySQL users.
  - Percona Data Recovery Tool for
InnoDB<http://www.percona.com/software/mysql-innodb-data-recovery-tools/>is
a set of tools for recovering data from InnoDB's data files
  - The tcprstat tool <http://www.percona.com/docs/wiki/tcprstat:start> is
  a TCP response-time analysis tool
  - Percona LogJam
<http://www.percona.com/docs/wiki/percona-logjam:start>is a
high-performance workload reproduction tool
  - Percona Tools <https://launchpad.net/perconatools> includes clones of
  the standard TPC-C and TCP-E benchmarks designed for MySQL
  - The benchworks tool
<http://www.percona.com/docs/wiki/benchworks:start>is a framework for
rapidly creating benchmarks and analyzing the results
  - Percona Toolkit <http://www.percona.com/software/percona-toolkit/> is
  a collection of advanced command-line tools used by Percona support staff
  to perform a variety of MySQL and system tasks that are too difficult or
  complex to perform manually

It's pretty impressive.

#  ABLEconf: Saturday, March 24th 2012 @ UAT in Tempe http://www.ABLEconf.com/
#  "Wasted day. Wasted life. Dessert, please."  -- Steven Meretzky