Hi Mark,

The BEFSX41's were not completely configured for anything but SITE<--->SITE
VPN.  An IPSEC tunnel to tunnel can be setup evidently to work with a linux
VPN client. where you have a static client IP address (no NAT), but you are
correct, it's a bit of work.

And there are some known issues:
http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wired-Routers/VPN-works-causes-periodic-freezes-of-BEFSX41/m-p/227179?comm_cc=HSus&comm_lang=en#226944

Version:
Do you have BEFSX41 v1 or v2?  With the most recent firmware, the VPN page
should look like this:
http://ui.linksys.com/files/BEFSX41/1.52.5/Security-VPN-Tunnel-Enabled.htm

Linksys QuickVPN software and cisco VPN client will not work for IPSEC or
this router.  Linksys has instructions for setting up an IPSEC tunnel for
the BEFSX41 (which is all it supports):
http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/lbc/BEFSX41

As you can see, you can, with this router, do passthrough and OpenVPN is so
nice, easy and powerful, I recommend you just use it (rather than try to
configure VPNs from this router) [simply check all three boxes on the
BEFSX41 and save].

OpenVPN Access Server (OpenVPN-AS) is a set of installation and
configuration tools that simplify the rapid deployment of a VPN remote
access solution. It is based on the popular OpenVPN open-source software,
making the deployed VPN immediately compatible with OpenVPN client software
across multiple user platforms.* *The server configurations options
supported are a carefully selected subset of a quite large set of possible
OpenVPN configurations. Thus, OpenVPN Access Server streamlines the
configuration and management of an OpenVPN-based secure remote access
deployment.
You can get OpenVPNAS here (for Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOs and Redhat, as well
as VirtualMachine images):
http://openvpn.net/index.php/download/access-server-downloads.html

To configure OpenVPN client in Linux:
Simply surf to the port you setup for your OpenVPNAS server [usually
80/443] (be sure to port forward as needed) and login with the user name
and password you setup and it will prompt you to download your client for
Linux, OS X, or Windows.

Client configuration instructions for  Sentinel  to BEFSX41: (useful for
setting options in your linux client):
http://www.homenethelp.com/vpn/router-config.asp

 On Jun 24, 2012 1:00 PM, "Mark Phillips" <m...@phillipsmarketing.biz>

--