Haven't you heard?  Microsoft has blessed CentOS... ha ha ha

Seriously, the days of Microsoft trying to kill off Linux by killing Linux
versions of programs is pretty much over.  It hasn't worked, and only cost
them money from products dieing the death of a proprietary purgatory. Even
Microsoft's VM product formally accepts CentOS as a "officially supported
operating system"

But that being said, G+'s video chat client is far superior.  At my work,
we have completely abandoned Skype for GTalk.  One of the key reasons why
is that we use Windows, Linux, and Mac machines routinely in out
operations.  Our largest client is a very Mac friendly company, so cross
platform is crucial to us.  Even with all Windows clients, we could not get
Skype to handle more than 3-4 video clients reliably.  Some days it
would... other days junk.  But G+ has been great!  Linux and Mac clients
are not second class citizens, and we often have 6-8 remote participants
rarely with even the slightest glitch.

So, from our own experience... I would highly recommend G+ video chat over
Skype.

Kevin